Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Grey Metal Machine

You're standing there
Blue shirt and jeans
Such matted hair
Looking out at the scene
Blank stare
Trying not to care
But violence
Is everywhere

You can't change it
You can't control it
Feeling so out of place
You tense up
You can't move
Immobilized by emotions
The deafening sound
Of metal grinding
Like a barking hound

What grey destruction
Hovering over me
Like a robot
Gone mad

If you spoke
You would say
Get away
Get lost
Go destroy
Someone else
Let me be
Set me free
Take your hold
Away from me

But you're alone
All alone
No ones there
To help me

I would destroy you
Metal square
I'll recycle your parts
So you stop polluting
The air
A hammer
To beat
Dents into you
Or maybe
The heat
To melt
Everything you once knew

Finally set free
From your power
Over me

I wrote this about how I felt as a child feeling so powerless to counteract the abuse surrounding me. I felt as if I was alone. These are the things I wish I could of done or said to change what was happening. I was searching for this freedom from the world I knew.














No comments:

Post a Comment